Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday


Reading: I'm almost done with Pale Demon by Kim Harrison. I love this series!! The 4th book, Closer in the Tunnel series is waiting for me when I'm done with Pale demon.

Knitting: Well, there haven't been much knitting the last week... The kids have their winter break this week so we have been spending as much time outdoors soaking up some sun :) You can head over to our outdoor blog to see some photos. But I have casted on a new project. A pair of selbu gloves for Erlend. The Angry Bird have gotten a few more rows, but that's all. And Hubby's socks, well, I'm thinking about frogging them. After turning the heels I realised I would not have enough of the blue yarn I used on the leg. And I the yarn I found at the yarn shop had the right colour way, but not the same dye lot. The one I bougt is darker. It dosn't show so good in the photo though. So I might frog them and knit a pair of stripy socks instead ;) Some of you might remember that I had a pair of Owlie Socks on the needles. After knitting a bit on the foot, I had Eirin try it on, but it was too thight. So I have to either knit a size larger or go up a needle size...

12 comments:

  1. Those pesky dye lots, I do wish all dye would come out the same! But you know, stipes are very lovely!
    Happy Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been busy with my daughter home this week and my son will be home next week. Lovely yarn in the photo-have a great rest of the week with the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the sunshine! Sorry you couldn't find the dyelot, but stripes would work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time in the outdoors is always wonderful! Especially with children : )
    Knitting can wait a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looks like your needles have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely blue color on the yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. woa, look at all those needles ! you're doing fiddley stuff i see... hmn..owl socks sound great..

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT is a lot of needles! OH my--I think I would have a nervous breakdown trying to keep them all straight. My friend keeps assuring me that almost everything can be magic looped--so I am working hard to master that technique. Magic Loop = Only Two Needles!
    I bet you are looking forward to more and more snow--the idea of living in your climate fascinates me. Do your children speak English too? I followed the link from your sidebar to the knitting and crochet blog week and I think I will join in the fun. Did you do it last year?
    Off to bed and a book for me---(that last Hunger Games book!)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried magic loop, and I'm not sure I'll give it a try either... I love knitting with dpns ;)
      The kids don't speak English very good yet, aside from my oldest. But they learn english at school and there is so much English on TV, film and internet that they learn pretty quickly :)

      It will be my 3rd year of knitting and blog week.

      Delete
  9. Oops! I meant, I bet you are looking forward to more and more *sun*--certainly not snow! :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Although it's snow season here, I do think we have just about enough snow noe ;) And we love the sun when she peaks out. She even starts to warm a bit now :)

      Delete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥