Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's growing

Untitled

Knitting: My Dollar and a half cardigan is growing. I have half a sleeve done and a little bit left before I start to shape armholes on the back. The pattern is easy to memorize, but the black makes it hard on the eyes when I knit. You kow we don't have much daylight here nowsi I knit like crazy those few hours ;)
I have also started to knit x-mas gifts. This year there will be a lot of socks and a couple of cowls I think.

Reading: If you like books about books, you have to read Libri di Luca (or The Library of Shadows in English). I started to read it this weekend and have a couple of chapters left. Very exciting so I'll finish it tonight. I am also reading Heartless, the 4th book in the Parasol Protectorate series. I am only a few chapters in, but I hope it will be as good as the other books in the series.


15 comments:

  1. Den jakken blir nydelig! Mønsteret er jo så flott! Gleder meg til å se den ferdig! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree black isn't easy at the best of times, good luck with getting it finished quickly. Looks great.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I have been meaning to knit that cardi for a very long time, so I look forward to seeing yours complete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you read so many books. You are an inspriation! This is a great knitting project too. Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sweater and I do love the black. I agree with you that it's hard to see black stitches, I just did a pair of fingerless gloves and had to sit right under the light to see, so to do a whole sweater is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black is so hard for me to knit with, and that is why I love your cardigan which you have made great gains on!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heartless looks so good! I'm going to have to put it on my list. Your sweater is gorgeous - I love the black, but understand how it would be hard to knit this time of year - I am working with a dark purple yarn and even that is tough to see sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. black may be harder to knit with---but you'll wear that sweater with EVErYthiNG!!! I need to check out that book about books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black is so hard to knit. Have you tried knitting with a white towel or cloth on your lap? It can make it easier to see the stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree since it is black you will be able to wear it with more things. Thank you for dropping by my blog today.

    http://www.knittingwitholof.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great from what I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you on the black yarn knitting at night. Mine was navy and wasn't any better. Love Veronik's stuff, always so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the synopsis of the second book you mentioned :O). I have the first one in the series marked on my to-read list.
    I love these beginnings of your cardi. Much kudos to you for knitting in black yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, the black yarn makes my eyes squint, but I'm sure it will be a beautiful sweater! I wish I could send you some sunshine ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting books! I added them to my wish list (which I use for remembering to check out books at the library). Your knitting is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥