Monday, January 20, 2014

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey.
Each week we spotlight the books we are reading, planning on reading or just finished reading.


Untitled

I just finished Darkfever (Fever #1) by Karen Marie Moning. It was not quite what I had expected, but I hope it will get more exciting throughout the series. Darkfever is also by first completed book for January in the Birthstones color reading challenge.

So, what am I reading now..?
Well, I'm enjoying two detective books ;)


I'm reading The Big Four (hercule Poirot #5) by Agatha Christie as a part of a read along. I love watching Poirot, but have never read any of the books... This one is a bit slow, but I'll see if I can find it and watch the film when I'm done reading :)
An American millionaire suspects fraud. A brilliant scientist disappears in Paris. A famous collector of jade is poisoned in London. Who is behind these sinister events? Hercule Poirot faces his most fearsome challenge as he matches wits with four of the world's most cunning villains. Aligned against him are the forces of a global empire with limitless wealth and power. Ahead of him lies a trail of death and terror. And always with him is the knowledge that his first false step will be his last...

 The second one is The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency (The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency #1) by Alexander McCall Smith. I really like this and read about halfway through it in one sitting :)
I might have to see the movie too someday, but I'm afraid it won't be as good as the book...
Precious Ramotswe in Botswana sits in the shade and ponders the wisdom of her cattle farmer father, observes her neighbors, and cares for employers and subjects with humor. A clinic doctor has two different personalities depending on the day of the week. A Christian sect member vanishes. A witch doctor may have the bones of a kidnapped boy in his magic kit.

7 comments:

  1. I have only read 2 Agatha Christie, but enjoyed both. Have fun with the read along, hope it picks up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. The movie is a bit different than the book, but is wonderful. I think you would enjoy watching ti once you have finished reading the book. And now you have the whole series ahead of you to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read Agatha Christie and I know I should..lol. I have watched some of her books made to movies or tv series. Hope you enjoy your books.

    Please come check out mine:
    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-1-2/

    New to your blog. :)
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try these two authors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I am readin "The Cuckoo's Calling".

    My favourite Agatha Christie book is "The Man in the Brown Suit"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the TV series of The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency - it is worth watching!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥