Monday, July 14, 2014

Blog Hop :: Creativity

Last week, Gemma invited me to join in with a blog hop. Everyone taking part answers three questions about creativity and then nominates two of their favourite bloggers to do the same.

Untitled


1 ::  What have been the doings/makings/scribblings at your desk/making table in the last week?
---
Well, first of all I don't have my own desk...
So instead I have a little corner in the livingroom next to the sofa ;) And as you can see, it's a messy little place. I didn't "style" it before I snaped a picture. But it's the way it looks almost all the time with needles all over the place, patterns, yarn, fo's and wip's.
The last week or so I have been knitting dishclothes. Maybe not the most fun thing to knit, but with the heat and the need to knit, cotton is better to knit with than wool.
I have finished a pair of socks too. It's the stripy pair to the left.

Untitled

2 :: Where are you currently finding your inspiration?
---
I find inspiration in so many places. First it was flickr, then came Ravelry, then Pinterest and now Instagram... So all of these + all the blogs I read inspire me with patterns, colours and photos.
I also find inspiration with each season.

3 :: How important is being creative to you and how do you blend this with your work/life/family balance?
---
It's so important than if I one day should end up without the ability to knit, I think I would just fall into a black hole...
Knitting is so versatile! It can be a project were you have to concentrate with every stitch or so mindless you can knit in the dark and let your mind wonder. I like them both.
As I am a stay at home mom, I can pick up my knitting throughout the day, but I mostly knit in the morning or after the kids are in bed while watching tv ;)

Now, on to my nominated bloggers:
---
Karen at Pumpkin Sunrise - I always love to pop by her blog. I love the way she writes her blog and there is always apretty knitting project on her needles.

Leanne at Arrow Acres Farm - Love reading her blog!! And boy do I wish I lived on a farm like hers....


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for picking me!!!! I'm so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my corner looks just like your corner!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating me and my I love the little corner of space that is yours. Bright and white and full of possibilities. I only came to my own space after the kids were older, so I waited :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is one VERY VERY creative corner!!!! Lots of goodness coming out of that little space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun post, Hege. I'm like you - if I ever got to the point I couldn't knit I'm sure I would also fall into a black hole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so much fun to read. I love getting to know blogging knitters better!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥