Wednesday, July 9, 2014

FO :: Rainbows

Untitled

Endre's rainbow socks has been done a while. But right now it's to hot to wear woolsocks here in the north :)
We have had 30 C two days in a row - and that's not normal here ;) Too hot for my liking...
I planned to knit them up with matching stripes, but the yarn didn't want to do that and Endre didn't care, so they ended up like this.

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Socks in Delight (free pattern)
Yarn: 56 g Nordlys #949
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Endre
Size: eur 33/34
Started: June 20, 2014
Completed: June 26, 2014




Untitled

I just knew I had to make a pair of stripy socks with the leftovers from Endre's socks.
So I found some grey yarn in my stash and split the Nordlys yarn in two.
I knittd them toe-up so I could use up all the yarn :)

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Just a toe-up vanilla sock, with a short row heel.
Yarn: 46 g Nordlys #949 and 69 g Silja #305
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Me
Size: 64 sts, increasing two times up the leg to 72 sts
Started: June 30, 2014
Completed: July 3, 2014

5 comments:

  1. Two lovely pairs of socks. I have to give a toe-up sock a try I get so annoyed with leftover yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous pairs of socks. I think the pair striped with grey are my favourites, the colours work really well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartwarming rainbow socks! The second pair especially are fave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--86 degrees? I didn't think it ever got that warm in Norway! Way too hot for socks at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much love for both of these... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥