Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Loving Photo Week - Day 4

gullsmed1

Bugs

I remember that my cousins and I used to
collect these bugs when we were kids.
We had small boxes with lids that we made holes in.
And we used to see who could get most ;)

Now my kids do the same.
These particular bugs are easy to gather as
they get together on the leavs on docks and sorrels
were they lay eggs.
We call them "gullsmed" (goldsmith)
because of the shiny color.
But Eirin insist to call them wishbeetle,
something she has learned in kindergarden
so I guess there are several local "names" on these ;)

But there is so many other bugs and beetles
to collect too.
My kids loves spiders!
I'm not afraid of them, but I don't like them
so I try not to let my kids see my loathe.
And they are thrilled when they find a ladybug :)

gullsmed2

6 comments:

  1. Vilka härliga sommarbilder du tagit!
    Hoppas du och barnen får en riktigt fin sommar. Förresten; firar man midsommar i Norge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bugs are great! They shimmer so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying all of your summer pictures!! They are beautiful. And the bugs are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute shiny little bugs. I detest spiders and so, of course does Will (he screams when he sees one). I'd love not to hate them since we have a lot of them here! Who does that cute little finger belong to? Is it warming up there yet? Here it's in the 90's F! AHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name "wishbeetle" and I am absolutely terrified of spiders. lol.

    Such pretty photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Så utruleg søte bilder!! Ha ei fin helg! :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥