Sunday, November 30, 2008

We light one candle tonight

we light one candle tonight

Så tenner vi ett lys i kveld.
Vi tenner det for glede.
det står og skinner for seg selv
og oss som er til stede.
Så tenner vi ett lys i kveld.
Vi tenner det for glede.

-Inger Hagerup-


We light one candle tonight
We light it for happiness.




pepperkakehus

The two oldest kids have spent the weekend at their grandma, and they had this gingerbread house with them home :) So with just one kid at home we have been shopping the last christmas presents, changed the curtains and put up the adventlights. I am so glad that we are done and have all December to just be together, decorate, light candles, bake cakes and cookies, craft christmas decorations and so on. I do have some small things I need to knit, but that's just fun.



My creation


We have also made "lammerull" / lamb roll. It's lambs meat mixed with spices and onion that are put inside the meat on the ribs. We then sew it together so it looks like a roll. Now it is laying in a brine and will set for 2-3 weeks before we boil it and then press it. We slice it and put it on bread together with mayonnaise and pickled beet root. This is a typical topping for bread during christmas here in Norway.

7 comments:

  1. Like always, your pictures are stunning. And thanks for the reminder to get my Advent wreath out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your table runner! The lamp roll sounds delicious, even though it takes a long time to get on your bread. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is SO lovely! I adore that table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about the lammerull and traditional Norwegian things you do; makes me feel closer to my heritage. Sounds like your December is going to be so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I love blogging one learns so much about things peoples do all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks so festive - time to get the decorations up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Det er så koselig nå når det går mot jul - jeg har også tent lys og er nesten helt ferdig med pyntinga i heimen :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥