Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent :: Day two!




Todays envelope had just
"Gingerbread" written inside :)







DSCN2008

1 dl water
300 g milk free margarine
1 tabelspoon natron
8-10 dl flour
4 dl sugar
1,5 dl syrup
1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 teaspoon clove
1-2 teaspoon ginger

Mix water, sugar, margarine, syrup and spices in a saucepan and let it melt. Mix natron with half of the flour. Add in the liquid. Mix to a soft dough adding flour to it's not sticky. Cover it and let it cool. If you have time let it cool over night.
Cut out biscuits and bake at 150 C for about 10 minutes.

DSCN2011


Endre and I made the dough while Erlend and Eirin were at school. You just have to get in Christmas mood when the whole house smells of ginger, clove and cinnamon! It's funny, because we call gingerbread for "pepperkake" - iterally, pepper (as in black pepper) biscuits here in Norway. I'm not sure why, because there isn't any pepper in them ;)

DSCN2012


DSCN2013


DSCN2015

The boxes are not full anymore - the kids have been eating all afternoon ;) So I better find a secret place to hide them! And don't forget to check out the 25 days of Christmas and Desember links on the top :)

9 comments:

  1. Så koselig! Her i huset pleier vi å bake julemanna- både en og to og tre ganger...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such fun! I'll have to see about finding a good recipe here. There are some things in your recipe that I've never heard of and I would have to change the measurements around. (Why we don't use the same measuring system as the rest of the world is beyond me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I love that your flour bags have Father Christmas on, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Å bake pepperkaker er moro, og jeg skjønner godt at boksen ikke er full lengre; hos meg spises det også flere for dagen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! I've just made a gingerbread cake- there's something about ginger that really does get me in the mood for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just loving the wintery/holiday look of your blog, and your home...I think I'm feeling the spirit over here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vad mysigt det ser ut!! Man kan nästan känna den härliga doften ända hit till Sverige...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun! Sounds delicious. I LOVE your curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Boxes of ginger cookies would not stay full for long at my house either! I love how festive you and your family are. You are very inspirational...baking gingerbread and ginger snap cookies is now officially on my "to do" list for this holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥