Saturday, January 2, 2010

Vinterblomst mittens

Vinterblomst mittens

My first FO in 2010 :) I'm not sure if I dare tell you when I started these... (Last January...) They have been one of those project who makes me feel bad everytime I saw it in my knit basket. And they really was a fast knit when I just put my mind to it. I even sweated over them last summer ;)

Vinterblomst mittens


Pattern: Vinterblomst mittens by Heidi Mork.
Yarn: Green Sandnes Garn Mor Aase Baby, brown, pink and dark pink Viking of Norway Baby Ull. I'm not sure, but I think I used just 50 g of each colour.
Needles: 2,0 mm.



There is several beautiful colour combinations, but I got my inspiration from jettshin's pair :)

DSCN2117

And since I have a different colour on the flowers - I had a LOT of ends to seam in. I'm ashamed to say that sewing in the ends has taken me months. I actually finished knitting the pair last summer.....

Finally some snow :)

We woke up to snow falling from the sky today :) And it was not so cold either - just -13 C... The kids got a gift card at the local mall for Christmas, so today we've been shopping skates. This year the lake is frosen without snow, so hopefully Erlend & Eirin can test them tomorrow :) Endre got a new pair of Nesnalobba instead of skates. It's a shoe made of wool - keeps small feet warm in cold weather. You can buy them here, not sure if they ship outside Norway though...

8 comments:

  1. Those mittens are great! So pretty! That is a huge amount of ends to weave in, though. I feel for you- weaving is no fun, in my book.

    Take care- you must have the patience of a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kjempefine - passer jo bra å bli ferdig nå i denne kulda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nydelige votter, men det var en alvorlig mengde tråder å feste! Tro om det hadde gått å strikke trådene fast på baksiden?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flotte votter! Jeg begynte på dem en gang, men jeg hadde for tynt garn og jeg måtte avslutte. Dine votter tenner gnisten igjen, jeg må finne et passende garn;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nydelige votter, men du verden for tålmodighetsarbeid å feste tråder. Flink er du!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iiik! Så mange trådender! Skjønner godt at det ikke fristet... men grattis med ferdig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yours Winterflower mittens! I read your blog randomly (but usually every week) and I am very shy to comment, but these are so beautiful that I have to say that aloud.

    Have a nice wintertime and best regards from Finland!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥