Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for Yarn Along
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ... ~"


Jane Eyre and some wip's

Right now I'm reading Jane Eyre. I love books, films and tv series from this period! I have no good reason why I haven't read this book before... It's so good, and I'm just halfway through. Hopefully the rest of the book will live up to my expectations. After finishing Eirin's Totoro mittens, I could finally cast on The Inspired Cardigan which I'm test knitting for Maya. I'm knitting mine in black. And I'm not sure if I dare to admit this, but even though I have a pair of socks on my needles too, I'm actually starting to gt a bit fed up with sock knitting.... So it looks like this year I might be able to knit up  few other things. Like a few jackets, shawls and some toys. The kids really like to play Little big planet on their ps3, so I think I'll to make them a Sackboy each :) Just need to decide on which pattern I should choose. I think I'll go for one of the crochet one.

11 comments:

  1. I can only do so many pairs of socks before I need a break, too! And usually have more than one project going on at a time. More than one book, too.

    I loved Jane Eyre - and all the other books like it. I think it's time to reload my PDA with some old favorites.

    My yarn along link in http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-6/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Jane Eyre and the ending is the best! Once I am done with my Hedgehog book I think I might read a classic novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jane Eyre! And my boys and I are wild about your totoro mittens! Thanks for your comment today, via Ginny's project. I've had lots of fun poking around your site. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Jane Eyre!

    Thanks for your comment on my yarn-along post. Glad I could recommend a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Jane Eyre at school many years ago and loved it. I'm trying to read through Pride and Prejudice right now, also reading Little Bee for bookclub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is another thumbs up for Jane Eyre. I love the story. It is haunting and sad and hopeful all at the same time. Did you know there is a new Jane Eyre movie coming out in March?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo...Jane Eyre. I've never read the book, but have seen the play. Happy knitting and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ending, (the very, very ending not the exciting stuff leading up to the ending) always ticks me off royally. So I haven't read Jane Eyre in a good long while. lol! Sorry to be the opposing view!
    Your knits are lovely, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cardi. I also LOVE Jane Eyre! One of the best books ever written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane Eyre is one of my favourites!! I am the same - such a junkie for this time period!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥