Thursday, May 26, 2011

What's inside the pupa??

The kids found a pupa laying on the ground some weeks ago. And last week this fly came out of it.

A few weeks ago, Endre & Eirin found a pupa on the ground when they were playing in the forest. We took it with us in and put it in a box. Hoping something would come out of it ;)
And it did. One morning after the older kids was off to school and just Endre and I were home, we heard a strange noise in the kitchen. After a while we found out that the noise came from the box. And we could see that something was cutting it's way out of the pupa! The kids had hoped for a butterfly, but instead it was a huge fly! I have no idea what kind of fly it is, but I think it might be the same kind as we saw last summer.
*Note to self: We really need a good insect/bug book!


We gave it some strawberry and we could really see him/her eating on it. Endre thought it was very cool :)



6 comments:

  1. These nature lessons are so important for kids! It keeps them connected to the world around them. You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så no ut som en bie/veps/klegg?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pictures! My kids would have loved that when they were little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lemi. I wouldn't touch it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is CRAZY!! I can't believe it actually came out while you were watching. That would be my kids' dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic pictures! These nature lessons are so important for kids!

    Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥