Monday, September 19, 2011

Counterpane

Counterpane knee socks on the needle :)

I joined the Year of Projects a few months ago with the goal of knitting five pairs of knee high socks, all from Barb Brown's book Knitting Knee-Highs: Sock Styles from Classic to Contemporary.
I have finally found time to cast on for the first pair - Counterpane. I love the pattern, but it's not a very fast knitting since I knit them on size 2 mm needles... But, I really look forward to have them finish. Just need to find a nice skirt to wear them with :)

15 comments:

  1. Virkelig nydelig mønster - og det ser tidkrevende ut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect yarn choice for a stunning pattern! They're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are going to be gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those will be fantastic socks and so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spennende prosjekt! Virkelig imponerende om du klarer å fullføre 5 par sokker med den vanskelighetsgraden i løpet av året! Spennende :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you've joined the group. It's fun each week visiting and see how folks are doing on their list. I love love love the pattern/texture and color you're using and look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cabling! They're going to look great when they're done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these - lovely! And such an interesting choice of projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to knit knee-highs! I just bought Cookie A's book and there is an awesome pair in there. I'll need to knit up those after I get through a few pairs for myself.
    Do let us know how you like that book and all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Needles 2 mm is not a fasr knit:)
    On mine I used needle 2 for the foot only.
    And I continued the rib pattern on the toe, it turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi - I'm having a problem figuring out the chart as mine doesn't look anything like this. Can I ask for your help?

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥