Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Oh, it's been almost a month since I last posted here... What can I say. The polar twilight hit me like a train and I have been so tired, sleepy and depressed this last month. My knitting mojo got lost as well, so I have just knitted a few rows here and there without much joy at all.
But I'm starting to feel less depressed and have more energy now as the advent is here. The advent lights are up and that's good because from today and until the middle of January it will get even darker than it's now. Which means we will have no real daylight... If I could I had gone into hibernation ;) But I know I have to pull myself together for the kids sake.  And I have to start knitting again - they need new mittens - although the weather is more like fall than winter here... We have had a couple of snowfall, but just a few cm and the next day it's been gone. I really want some snow now. It would lighten up the dark days and the kids would have something to do outdoors ;) Right now it's just boring to be out playing. Think they have had enough of the mud and the rain.

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Reading: I am really enjoying Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. If you haven't read it - you must! I'm almost done and I'm excited to find out how it ends.

Knitting: These mittens were meant to be gloves. But I didn't have the energy to think and count st for the fingers... But I think Erlend will like them anyway. These mittens will be one of the presents in the advent calendar. And with three more kids that needs a present that day, I need to speed up my needles a bit ;)

20 comments:

  1. I love those mittens. Absolutely gorgeous. I keep seeing mittens like those, patterned and so perfect, and I want to make them myself!

    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mitten pattern :) The book looks really interesting too.

    Hope the dark days don't get you down too much, and the Christmas lights provide suitable cheeriness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that book! (It does have a good ending!!!!) And those mittens are AMAZING!!!! Makes me want to drop everything and cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the book recommendation, it looks interesting. I hope that your knitting continues to pick up and inspire you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mittens look fantastic! They're going to be an awesome present.

    I have a hard enough time here in the UK when we have a very cloudy day, so I can't imagine what a Polar night must feel like. Glad the Christmas lights are cheering you up, and that you get some snow soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine making those mitts as gloves! They're so charming exactly as you've knit them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mittens are gorgeous! And I've added the book to my reading list. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utrolig flotte votter du strikker og så nydelig "advensstake" du har :)
    Har ikke lest den boka før, så er spent på hva du syntes :)

    Ha en fin dag. :)

    Mvh swimzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are feeling better and have your knitting mojo back. I love the mittens and am sure they will be as loved (or more loved) than gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've missed you! Just the last two days I was wondering where you are, haven't seen you here or on Ravelry. I'm glad you are back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. jeanie_west@yahoo.comNovember 30, 2011 at 9:03 PM

    Sooo glad you are back! I was worried about you. Hope you catch the Christmas spirit and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pleased you got your mojo back :) The mitts are fantastic, I'm not sure I have that level of patience for colourwork, especially on such a small area.
    Thought I'd share the word verification for this comment - DOOLOTS - think blogger is getting the gift rush lol?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those mittens! I have been wanting to make something with that chart for a while now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those mittens are quite lovely!
    Is it unusual not to already have snow there? I would expect you to already have some!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you lots of Christmas light and joy to get you through the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, your knitting is just beautiful! I hope one day to have the talent to do the same thing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! I think I would be tired, too with polar twilight. I live in one of two states in the United States that has the most days of sunlight every year and our sky is rarely overcast. Those fantastic mittens are certain to make some child smile every time they wear them! And, the book looks intriguing - peculiar children, I may have raised one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed your posts! I love seeing your lovely pictures. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful beautiful mittens. i would love to make some too, but we have no snow here at the beach. i've heard of that book, it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥