Friday, February 10, 2012

FO's and a cast on :)

Wool Pants

The wool pants are finally done. They've been very boring to knit, but necessary as a second layer of wool is needed for those cold days playing outdoors. No photo of him wearing then though as he was fast to take them out after I made him try them on. They itch apparently... but I know that will be forgotten as soon as they keep him warm outdoors ;)

Pattern: NR.5 Bukse m/ og u/ fot by Dale of Norway / Dale Design
Yarn: Gjestal Superwash Sport, about 315 g all together. Brown #228 and green #235
Needles: 3 and 3,5 mm
Size: 6 years

Newfoundland mittens #2

I've also knitted up a second pair of Newfoundland mittens. they were ment to be for Eirin, but turn out too small for her... So I think they'll be a gift instead.

The beginning of A very good cowl indeed

And with some projects done and some free needles, I can cast one a new project right!?
This is the second cowl in the Great cowl kal. The yarn is Super DK #Flannel by Spunky Eclectic and I love the colour.
So what are you knitting on this weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous knits! I love those pants. I wish I could get my kids to wear any type of wool. The little stinkers complain if it so much as touches them :). What's a knitter to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Maybe you just don't have it cold enough... Here it is wear wool or stay cold ;)
      I don't know if it works, but I've heard that you can put itching wool clothes in the freezer for a couple of hours and when they came out they stop itch.

      Delete
  2. those mitts are awesome, and the pants are so cute! doesn't it feel good to get some Fos done AND cast on for something new?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pants are adorable! Whenever I see the beautiful projects you make for your children it makes me wish mine were young again. I am filing away all the ideas I get from your blog for when I have grandchildren to knit for instead! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Hopefully you'll have lots of grandchildren - there is so much beautiful things to knit.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful mitts. Nice colours too :o) c x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hege...these are cute...when my daughter Hannah was tiny a friend sent us some similar girly ones for her from Denmark...they bring back happy memories.

    You inspired me to have a go at fairisle totoro mittens...I saw them on your blog a couple of weeks ago... oh and I love `The fantastic flying books of Mr Morris Lessmore' I'm going to write about it too...and will link back to you...thanks for sharing it.

    Oh and I'm passing a versatile blogger award over to you if you are interested.

    Have a happy Sunday,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the award :)
      Looking forward to see your Totoro mittens. I'm sure you'll find out that fair isle/stranded knitting isn't so difficult ;)

      Delete
  6. You are such a speedy knitter, both of your projects look simply wonderful. Especially the stripy pants, nothing is better than stripy pants for a little one. Also, I love the yarn you picked out for the cowl, it looks very smooshy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I love the yarn and it is very smooshy as it is merino wool.

      Delete
  7. Those pants are so cute! I love the way you took the photo :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥