Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday


Can't believe it's Wednesday again. Seems like the days is just flying away :) The two youngest have a day free from school, but we are spending the day inside despite a wonderful sunny day due to -20 C... I am so fed up with this low temperature :( So we are watching dvd's, playing with lego, doing some laundry, feeding the stove with wood and knit.

Reading: After listening to 6 out of 14 cd of The Return, I gave up. It was just to much politics to keep me interested... So I began listening to The Secret Life of Bees and I love it. A wonderful story!
I'm also enjoying Deeper the 2nd book in the Tunnels series. I only have a few chapter left and I'm glad I have the 3rd book waiting in the shelf ;) The last book is Whisper of Scandal by Nicola Cornick. One need to have one guilty pleasure book in the pile, right?

Knitting: Well, the socks haven't grown much since last week... I have knitted half the heel on the owl socks, but I'm worried about them being to small even for Eirin's feet. But I'll knit them without owls on the foot, so hopefully they will stretch a bit in the leg. The black is a hat I am test knitting :) And the pink/blue is another cowl, but this time for Eirin.


And I just have to share this Sh*t Knitters Say :)

23 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of knitting and a lot of reading! You are busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would get tired of the extreme temperature as well. Love the photo and the light streaking across the knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video this is so funny....The Secret Life of Bees sounds lovely...I've wanted to read it for a while but thought it might be a little sad.

    Your knitting all looks great...I wonder if you press your socks out a bit they may stretch?

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little sad, but it a warm and beautiful story as well.
      I hope the sock will stretch out when she use it.

      Delete
  4. OMG that's hilarious! All that picture-taking of knitting! It's like looking in a mirror!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yeah, I guess this is pretty much all knitters in a nutshell :)

      Delete
  5. You always have so much going on! I'm jealous of how much you get done every week. Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So...your blog is named cloudberry...does that mean you have lots of the little yellow berries near you in Norway? My sister lives in Canada and she has given me cloudberry tea several times. We love it for the mild marshmallow taste.

    Those socks are going to be awesome. I've never seen anything like it before, owls knitted right into a cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do. We don't have any tea made of them though, but I can imagine it taste very good :)

      Delete
  7. wow you seems so busy, and owl knitting is always so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those socks are going to be so pretty, I hope you can find a foot to fit them. :) And the video, You had me spit my morning coffee all over my computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your computer ;)
      I have seen it several times and find it funny each time.

      Delete
  9. The cowl pattern is such nice colors. Hope the owl socks fit. Looks like you got more reading in than knitting - that definitely happens to me some weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always amazed by how many books you manage to read! You must be a very fast reader. Are you able to read and knit at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I could! So glad I'm able to listen to audiobooks when the kids are at school :)
      I guess I'm a fast reader - and I read each night a couple of hour i bed. I prefer a good book over the tv ;)

      Delete
  11. oh my, i had seen the one sh*t crunchy mom's say which cracked me up! this is great. it is good for us to laugh at ourselves! good luck with the socks, it looks like a lovely pattern when finished.

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh your knitting, it's always so beautiful! and that video! SO funny! thank you hege for sharing, i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your work, with that kind of temperature it is good to have a lot to keep yourself busy!

    Thanks for sharing

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute video, thanks for sharing, good luck on the knitting...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing that video. It's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of reading and knitting...my two favorite things. I loved the secret life of bees. Hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw the movie version of "The Secret Life of Bees" and really enjoyed it. I bet the book is so much better.

    That video made me laugh when I first saw it. It was also nice to see all those shots of WEBS, too. Especially since WEBS is not that far away from me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥