Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Not on schedule...

WIP Wednesday

 
I am not on schedule with my christmas knitting - not at all... I have five gifts on the needles (two pair of socks are not in the photo..), two I haven't casted on yet and I have just started to stuff my Julekuler. Hopefully I will have them done today, and maybe a pair of socks.
Remember a few weeks ago when I said I didn't knit a lot of gifts? Well, I wasn't going to cast on more, but they are mostly for the kids and other close family members that I know will appreciate the gifts!

So what's on those needles?
Knitting: Julekuler. I love how fast these balls knits up and they dosen't need much yarn either. I hope I'll manage to knit up a few more :) 
The socks are for Erlend who finally has started to wear knitted socks :) It's a simple cuff down with k2, p2 rib, short row heel and st st over the fot.
The white and pink are cowls just like the grey one I made a while ago. They are both gifts, the pink is for Eirin. 

Reading: Right now I listen to the audiobook of City of the Beast. So far after listening to 3 of 8 cd's, it's ok. Hopefully it will start to get more exciting. I also read at night and those books can you find in the sidebar ;)

The tree is up :)

The tradition here in Norway is to put up and decorate the tree on the 23rd - Christmas Eve, but I feel we need to feel a bit of christmas mood before the 24th, so we put up the tree two weeks before so we can enjoy it longer :) I know some thinks it's not right, but I feel one doesn't have to grow stuck in old traditions, but make new ones that fits the way one live.

14 comments:

  1. I like your new tradition better. We put our tree up at the end of November and I usually take it down the first week of January, if not the first day of January. I hope you get your knitting done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting your knitting done. Everything looks great.
    Your tree is beautiful! We put ours up this past weekend and will take it down January 1 or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many things going on!!!! I know you'll make it!!!! I love your ornaments...especially the little one with the snowmen!!! very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I wasn't going to knit for Xmas either, and got caught just the same way as you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree is darling! I say, make new traditions. We have ours up at the beginning to Dec because our daughters attend Christmas dances. It's so nice to have a festive backdrop for taking pictures of them and their dates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas tree is so beautiful! You are way ahead of me knitting Julekuler. Next year I plan to start earlier so we can have a tree full of them. I hope you are able to finish all of your Christmas knitting in time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like putting the tree up earlier, too! Good luck with your holiday gift knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas tree is wonderful, so festive. I say too---step out and do what meets your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I couldn't wait until the 23rd to get my tree decorated. It's been m family tradition to put my tree up and decorate the day after Thanksgiving. Keep up the work on your Christmas projects! You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tree! Really like your festive curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't wait to put my tree up this year, just to cheer myself up. I think I put it up right after Thanksgiving, which was something like 22 November. Your tree is much, much prettier than mine, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It'd be so hard to enjoy the tree with putting it up so close to Christmas. We put ours up after Thanksgiving which was fantastic as I just love our tree. Do wha' cha like; who cares what others think.
    Good luck on finishing. I kind of miss knitting gifts. I think I'll start next year but do small ones like hats and gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our tree is up, and more decorations to come! We also decided to spread out gift giving... over several days. I think it gives us time to digest the gifts without stress. We have snow in New Mexico, in honor of our Norwegian guests, and a clear night with bright moon! Hope you have more pretty days.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥