Wednesday, February 27, 2013

On the needles

Untitled

Reading: I'm still in the world of Matthew Shardlake and I love this mystery story set in the Tudor time! I am also reading a few norwegian historical fiction series - Tre Søstre, Årringer and Nattmannens datter.

Knitting: I am about to start the heels on the socks I'm knitting for Hubby's brother. Yes, I am knitting all four socks at the same time ;) It goes faster that way. The purple projects is a hat. Hopefully it will fit Eirin.

The kids have their winter break this week. So far we have spent it indoors due to a heavy rainstorm. It's been raining more or less nonstop since Friday. It hasen't rained this much in this area in February for over 50 years... So there has been a lot of flooding and snow and slush avalanches. The roads have been flooded and are very slippery as they are full of ice. It seem like the worst will be over by tomorrow, so hopefully we can spend some time outdoors this weekend :) 

Today we have baked cinnamon knots - yummy!

Untitled

16 comments:

  1. Great looking socks you are knitting. I usually knit two socks at a time, but four? You rock!

    We have had nothing but rain here too and I for one am tired of it. I think I see a wee bit of blue sky this morining so my fingers are crossed that today might be a sunshine day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the rain goes away, it's raining here too but not as heavily as where you are! I love how you do all the socks at the same time :) Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of knitting you have going. All are lovely. The cinnamon knots are tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sokkene dine blir så flotte - har nå rykket inn på min to-do-list:-) Og kanelsnurrene dine ser veldig gode ut, og mye fjongere enn mine..
    Håper dere får litt finvær utover uken da - er jo hyggelig det når man har ferie:-) hjertelig hilsen Hanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping the worst is over for you as well, that weather sounds terrible. The cinnamon knots however look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cinnamon knots look absolutely gorgeous! Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks and hat look great but those cinnamon knots have left me drooling:) They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. poor kids, being stuck in the house over winter break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been reading your blog for couple years now. I love your knitting projects. I made my son Dancing Robots sweater after I saw yours.
    Thank you for great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely knitting and those breads looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your socks are so awesome, i love the pattern, but oh my those breads! i wish i had one now with my tea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. do you have the cinnamon knot recipe in English?? They look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can use the translate button up on the right on my food blog. I tried and this recipe translated so you can understand. Not all recipe translate well...

    http://kaospakjokkenet.blogspot.no/2013/02/kanelknuter.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh! Your cinnamon knots came out wonderfully. Tey look so delicious. I love the stripes of the hat. Will there still be a job or how do you contend with that?

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥