Monday, April 15, 2013

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? #4

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Book Journey.
Each week we spotlight the books we are reading, planning on reading or just finished reading.

I finished The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - (Flavia de Luce #1) by Alan Bradley today. And what a book! I totally loved it and need to buy the others in the series!!
The House At Riverton by Kate Morton didn't live up to my expectations... Hopefully her other books are better as I have them in my shelf and plan to read them this year.


I felt the need for some vampires, so I picked up the 6th bok in the Night Huntress series - One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost. It's not my favourite Vampire series, but it's good.

"How do you send a killer to the grave when he's already dead?

Having narrowly averted an (under)World War, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans's voodoo queen just keeps on giving--leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.

Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he takes physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity--forever. But one wrong step and they'll be digging their own graves."



Finally the 3rd seaon of Game of Thrones is here!
Hubby and I have watched the first two episode, so I better start reading the books so I can be ahead ;)
When I bought the books in the series a while back, I didn't know I had only bought the first part of the 3rd book - A Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Snow... I just noticed when I picked it out from my shelf. So now I have to order the 2nd part of the book too.

"The Seven Kingdoms are divided by revolt and blood feud. In the northern wastes, a horde of hungry, savage people steeped in the dark magic of the wilderness is poised to invade the Kingdom of the North where Robb Stark wears his new-forged crown. And Robb's defences are ranged against the South, the land of the cunning and cruel Lannisters, who have his young sisters in their power.

Throughout Westeros, the war for the Iron Throne rages more fiercely than ever, but if the Wall is breached, no king will live to claim it."


What are you reading this week?

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how you multi-read! I'm finishing up Women's Murder Club #3. James Patterson is a great writer. The chapters are fast and short and takes place in my hometown.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥