Wednesday, April 24, 2013

On the needles :: Marius onesie, socks and a secret project

Untitled
 
 
Reading: There haven't been much time for reading the past weeks due to my spring cold, preparing for Erlend going to camp with his class this week and the other two kids coming up with the same cold as I. So I'm flipping through the same books as last week. I have started to read a book with Endre - "Reisen til istiden" (The travel to the iceage) - it'a a book about two boys traveling to Greenland with their dads who works as geologists. The landscape in Greenland is similar to the one that we had during the iceage. Ende loves books with facts, so I hope this will be a good read for both of us.

Knitting: The Marius onesie is almost done. Just a few rounds of pattern before I have to knit the neck and button bands. I've also casted on a pair of socks for Hubby who seems to wear holes in all his socks at the same time...
And I have a secret project on my needles too :)
Those of you who have read my blog a while might remember that I knitted on a secret project last year too at about this time. Well, I got a phone call from Tove Fevang (the author) a little over a week ago. She told me that the jacket I had made for her last book was so pretty made that she wanted me to knit for her upcoming book! And one doesn't say no to that. So a few days ago a package of yarn and pattern came in the mail - and I had to cast on right away. 
Can't show you much more than the sneak peak under, but the pattern is easy and I am making two jackets from the same pattern, but with two different yarn types.

Untitled


10 comments:

  1. How wonderful to knit once again for a book. I can see that happening very easily, your knitting is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon as well as the kids! Then you can knit and read forever and a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last photo! It's so cozy and inviting. Can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how great you're knitting for a book! love the peak ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cool! Enjoy the secret knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy your secret knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ho dang! You knitted up a jacket for an author who wore it for the cover of her novel? Freakin' cool!
    I'm sorry you're ill. That is no fun and with trying to run the front and the back of the house. Hope you kick it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colors!

    This week I'm participating in KCBW4: http://mibruno.com/knittingdia3/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't get enough of a great grey/white combo. The photo is a tease. But, it's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Så spennende med hemmelig strikkeprosjekt! Gratulerer med oppdrag fra strikkebok-forfatter, det er jo litt av en anerkjennelse! Så flott!
    Jeg har også slitt med influensa noen dager, men bedre nå. God bedring til deg! :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥