Sunday, July 14, 2013

Gratitude Sunday

This week I'm joining Gratitude Sunday at Wooly Moss Roots
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to reflect, to slow down, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes}

Throughout the week I've felt grateful for:

~ Staying up late and read

~ Listening to the heavy rain on the roof when going to sleep

~ Going shopping with mom, my sister and the kids. Including a stop at the local yarn store

~ Picking cloudberries

Cloudberry

~ Working in the garden and eat the first zucchinis and sugar peas

~ Casting on a new project

~ Eirin's enthusiasm in the kitchen and to eat her yummy heart cakes

~ A sunday walk in the forest

~ Being part of the joy Endre felt when we found a tiny frog

Untitled

~ And I'm most grateful for all the years we've had with my grandmother and that we went to see her a couple of times this week. Sadly she past away yesterday - 90 years old, but by letting the kids see her when she was sick has made the grief easier. They know why she died. And I think death is a part of life we should not hide from the kids...

My grandmother knitting

“Wherever a beautiful soul has been there is a trail of beautiful memories…” 
~Ronald Reagan

9 comments:

  1. i am so sorry about your grandmother. ((hug)) it is nice that you all got to see her before she passed, it does seem to make death a bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I am interested to read that you visited her whilst she was sick and this has helped with the children's grief as we too have a ill relative and I am undecided as to how long we should keep visiting as the sickness may result in hospitalisation with tubes etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry about your grandmother. She's the same age as mine. I find your view on death and kids interesting. I believe the same as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you lost your grandmother. I'm glad you got to see her before she passed away

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of your grandmother. I am happy that you were able to spend time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! I'm so sorry! There's an unlimited yarn supply for her in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Hege. The picture of her knitting is wonderful. I am glad you and your children got to spend time with her in the days before she died. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kondolerer! Dette var en fin måte å minnes henne på. Og så ser jeg at vi har hatt noen av de samme opplevelsene i uka som gikk, både froskefunn og multebærplukking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wise woman and mom you are....and obviously a sweet granddaughter to a beautiful grandmother. Blessings to you, especially in this time!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥