Thursday, September 26, 2013

FO :: Scylla

Untitled

My Scylla socks came off the needles today And as you can see I didn't have enough yarn to make the long cuffs I like... So they ended up as a pair of anklets - which I am ok with.

Untitled

A close up on the pattern. It was an easy and fun pattern to knit and I will be knitting it again some time.

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Scylla (free pattern)
Modifications: I knitted a ahort row heel and jumped right to the k1, p1 ribbing after the pattern
Yarn: 49 g Lorna's Laces
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Size: 64 sts, european 39/40
Started: September 17, 2013
Completed: September 26, 2013



Untitled

I also finished the stripy socks for Endre which I started back in March...
Luckily they still fit, but they are a bit short in the cuff and I guess he will outgrow them during the winter. So I better go theough my stash and see if I can find some yarn and cast on a new pair for him.

Ravelry project page
Pattern: 56 sts, cuff down, k2, p2 ribbing and a short row heel.
Yarn: Fabel, leftovers from this and this pair of sock
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Size: European 33/34
Started: March, 2013
Copletd: September 25, 2013

Untitled

8 comments:

  1. Your socks look amazing. I love the colors of the first pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så fin mønsterstrikk på scylla-sokkene dine! Veldig dekorativt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Scylla socks look very similar to a pair I knit using the Harvest Dew Sock pattern. Harvest Dew has a similar slipped stitch texture. I love the pattern, but I had trouble with mine being very inelastic and dense. Did you notice anything similar in your fabric? If you had a better result, I would be excited to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used my sock so much yet, but they seem stretchy enough for my liking..

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the Scylla socks! Started my Holiday Knitting and I might have to take a break and knit me a pair of socks with that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ate such a sox-pert. I really like the Scylla anklets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright colors of the sock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! the slip stitch pattern goes great with the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥