Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekending :: Gratitude

Weekending, my favorite part of the week. A time to relax, live, love, just to be.
Joining with Amanda.

My Sunday

It's been a weekend filled with loads upon loads of snow...
The kids have had free from school Thursday and Friday,
so it's been a long weekend for them.
Friday was spent on grocery shopping and a quick stop at the library to pick up a book.
I'm glad we went to town on Friday,
because we had a snowstorm here yesterday.
So most of the weekend has been spent inside
with candlelights
The Croods and Oz the Great and Powerful
fire in the woodstove
knitting
many cups of tea
"ribbe" as Sunday dinner

It still snowing outside which mean I will have some snow to shovel tomorrow.
Endre is a bit feverish and has had a nap on the sofa...
Hopefully he will sleep it off during the night and feel better tomorrow.
I'll spend the rest of the night knitting on a sock that will go in the adventcalendar
and flip throuhg the pages in "Knas" for inspiration for our gingerbreadhouse.

How's your weekend been?

Untitled

Joining in with Taryn for her heartfelt Sunday tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. This week I have been grateful for...

... a warm fire
... meeting up with Tove Fevang and other knitters
... the good, but tired feeling after shoveling snow for hours
... the good help from my eldest while shoveling snow
... laundry smelling of crisp winter air
... the local library
... finishing some christmas gifts
... the snow - since it makes the day brighter now when the light is fading fast
... candlelights
... my mom taking Eirin with her shopping
... taking the kids out for dinner in the middle of the week
... chocolate

11 comments:

  1. snowed in weekend. :) lovely
    wonderful gratitude list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been grateful for similar things this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hoopoe your soon kicks his fever soon. Poor baby. It feels good to be home away from the cold and snuggled up in jammies and socks. I got some organization done and have been workroom on laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are getting snow right now. I'm jealous of that nap right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope your little one feels better soon! enjoy the beautiful snow and your always beautiful knitting hege!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No snow here which is fortunate because my country cannot cope with 1 flake of snow let alone a snowstorm. You sound like you had a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely winter weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope your son feels better quickly! I would love to see one flake, just one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a peaceful post---hope your boy feels better soon--lucky him to have such a cozy house to curl up in. Your candle holders are lovely....
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snow! How magical.
    I hope your son is feeling much better by now.
    I can't wait to see your gingerbread house :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. snow days! i remember them fondly from my childhood. i hope your little one is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥