Tuesday, August 5, 2014

FO :: Cosy Socks

Untitled

I started these back in April after I finally bought the book Garnglede i Rosendal - (Fun with yarn in Rosendal) by Turid. You can have a look inside the book here.
I just knew I had to make a pair of long cosy socks, but when I got to the heel on the first one I lost my mojo as I didn't like the heel that's in the pattern.
So a month or so ago I picked them up again and started to knit the second sock while I wondered about what to do about the heels... I ended up knitting my standard slipped stitch heel and I also decided to knit stripes under the foot rather than the "salt and pepper" pattern. I also made a black toe to match the heel and cuff.

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Lange kosesokker
Modifications: Another heel, stripes under the foot and a solid coloured toe.
Yarn: Ida Strømpegarn 93 g dark grey #327 and Senjagarn 54 g white #300
Needles: 2,75 mm / US 2,5
Made for: Me
Size: European 40
Started: April 9, 2014
Completed: August 5, 2014




Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, Hege! You were right about the heel and you fixed it! I especially like the contrast of heel and toe.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥