Saturday, September 6, 2014

FO's :: Autumn Socks For the Kids

Autumn socks for the kids

Every time my knitting mojo seems to be out wandering, I cast on socks. Because even though I don't feel like looking up pattens and yarn, my hands and my mind needs to calm down with some knitting. And some mindless socks are the perfect project. So therefor the kids have a pair each of new socks ready for autumn.

20140906_103213

Trying to get some ok photos of them without some wiggeling toes, wasn't easy.
And getting them all to cooperate with me an early saturday morning wasn't so easy either...
But you get the idea.

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: 56 sts, cuff down, short row heel
Yarn: 72 g Super Nova  #Little Periwinkle
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Eirin
Size: Abut an european 35
Started: August 30, 2014
Completed: September 2, 2014

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Rye (free pattern) This is the 6th pair of Rye I've knit, and I still love this pattern so I just know there will be made more. Garter sts over 20 sts.
Yarn: 83 g Reliable Sock #Assynt in a hank
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Erlend
Size: 68 sts, european 42,
Started: August 22, 2014
Completed: August 29, 2014



Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: 56 sts, cuff down with a bit of ribbing before I made a slipped sts heel.
Yarn: 61 g Colonial Sock #Mordor. I just had to knit Endre a pair of socks with this yarn. He loves anything Lord of the rings and the Hobbit :) The yarn was a skein from Spunky Eclectic's yarn club years ago and are not listed on Ravelry in 100 g skeins, only in 50 g, so I guess this was just part of the club.
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Endre
Size: About an european 33/34
Started: September 2, 2014
Completed: September 4, 2014

9 comments:

  1. i do the exact same thing....mojo gone missing? I try to find it in the sock drawer! (and this usually works!) Hope you've located yours; mine is still with me, so I know they aren't off playing together---this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks to me are instant gratification. Easy peasy quick knitting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så flink du er til å strikke sokker! Kjempefine :) Jeg har liksom aldri kommet helt i gang med sokkestrikken, men beundrer andre fra sidelinjen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great...I learned to knit for socks, but haven't been too successful with them yet..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific pictures! I like your grey stairs. You are a super mum. Knitting for your kids will forever stay in their minds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of the three of them showing their new socks is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always been jealous of your sock knitting abilities! I have a plan of one day using one or two months for knitting ONLY socks. I have loads of faved sock patterns, maybe it should be my new years resolution ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some happy feet there!!! Lovely soft autumnal colors ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture of the three pairs of socks on wiggly feet made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥