Wednesday, September 10, 2014

On the Needles :: Settler Shawl

Untitled
Sorry for the blurry photo... The reason can be found further down ;)

It's another rainy and windy day here in the north.
Perfect for breadbaking, knitting and tea drinking indoors :)

What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny and Nicole

Reading: I finished Shadow of Night last night - and I really need to buy the third book soon. Because it's such a great series!!
I needed another genre, so of course I picked out another chunk of a book - The Distane Hours by Kate Morton. I have loved the other books I've read by her, so I hope this too is a good one.
A long lost letter arrives in the post and Edie Burchill finds herself on a journey to Milderhurst Castle, a great but moldering old house, where the Blythe spinsters live and where her mother was billeted 50 years before as a 13 year old child during WWII. The elder Blythe sisters are twins and have spent most of their lives looking after the third and youngest sister, Juniper, who hasn’t been the same since her fiance jilted her in 1941. 
Inside the decaying castle, Edie begins to unravel her mother’s past. But there are other secrets hidden in the stones of Milderhurst, and Edie is about to learn more than she expected. The truth of what happened in ‘the distant hours’ of the past has been waiting a long time for someone to find it.  - Goodreads-

Untitled

Knitting: After I finished the Hitchhiker my knitting mojo seemd to come back, and I looked through my ravelry queue and found the Settler Shawl by Truly Myrtle. And I found the perfecy yarn to knit it with in my stash - a skein of Serenity Silk Single from Zen Yarn Garden. A skein I've been saving for the right project for years. I have a few more rows before I'll start the body pattern. Can't waiy to wrap this soft smooshy shawl around my neck!

Untitled

And then, a couple of photos from behind the scenes :)
Alaska SO wanted to play with the yarn...

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Love the colour of this skein. It will be a lovely shawl. Alaska looks like she is enjoying taking an interest in what you are knitting. Beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. En god bok og et kjekt strikketøy er hverdagslykke! Bare pass på at han firbente kompisen ikke prøvesmaker på dem da. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that green. I need to buy the third eBook too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous green! It will be really lovely with that pattern!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥