Monday, December 15, 2014

Hello again...

Untitled

I know. It's been almost a month since I posted last time...
The polar nights with it's darkness has really been hard for me this year, with sleepless nights and a low mood... So I haven't felt like blogging at all. But the sun is about to turn soon, so I know it will get better!
I've been knitting in my absent (have to do something when I'm wide awake in the middle of the night). Right now I'm knitting a pair of Owl mittens for myself, but I've also finished some socks and a hat.

The Tree is up :)


The Christmas Tree is up!

Pinnekjøtt

And we have had pinnekjøtt for dinner. Pinnekjøtt is one of the traditional dishes we have for dinner at Christmas here in Norway and it's made from the rib of mutton or lamb and it is dried and salted.

Untitled

Socks for Erlend and me
Pattern: Cuff down, 72 and 64 sts
Yarn: Opal Sweet&Spicy2 blue #8614 and orange #8612
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Started: November 15, 2014
Completed: December 7, 2014


Untitled

Pattern: 64 sts, cuff down
Yarn: Fabel #901p
Needles: 2,5 mm (US 1,5
Made for: xmas gift
Started: November 22. 2014
Completed: November 25, 2014

Untitled

And last a hat for Endre. I really like the way this hat came out, so I will knit more of these!
Pattern: Traveller's hat (free pattern)
Yarn: Rialto DK yellow #23021 and Davos black #11
Needles: 4 mm / US 6
Size: 104 sts
Started: November 27, 2014
Completed: December 3, 2014

12 comments:

  1. I am with you in this dark polar night season! I am switching the lights all over the house and still feel like it is so dark. Luckily I sleep like a log (when the baby allows it of course!). But as you say it will soon get better! I love all your sock knitting, I have made my goal for next year to knit at least two pairs of socks for myself :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see you post again, Hege! Your knits all look wonderful. I especially love the owl mitts you have on your needles right now. I'm wondering if you have ever tried using one of the light boxes people get to help with seasonal affective disorder? They can make such a difference to people who live in places that don't get very much sun in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      No, I havent tried it, but if this is how I am going to spend the winters I might have to check one out...

      Delete
  3. The owl mittens are spectacular. Super adorable and I know you'll get lots of use out of them! Hope you are feeling more cheerful soon. With darkness at 4:30pm here, I can only imagine what it is like in Norway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just need to weave in ends now :)
      Well, we just have a couple of hours in the middle of the day with daylight. But that light can be very beautiful though! We call it the blue hour just before it get's dark again.

      Delete
  4. Jeg kjenner meg godt igjen! Mørketida er tung, selv her ved polarsirkelen.
    En uke igjen til solsnu, heldigvis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello! I hope you feel better soon, Your knitting looks lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks looks so cheerful and the mittens are stunning!!! I have a friend who adores anything "owl", so I think I might need to make them for her. Hope you'll feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tree, and the orange socks ... Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a thing to experience, your polar nights. I Googled it. I love your orange socks. And I love the whole image of you and your ohana's footsies toasty and comfy in handknit socks. I have never heard of dried, salted lamb before. What an interesting way to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo glad you are back blogging.....have missed you!! vonnie

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥