Saturday, January 24, 2015

FO :: Circle Socks

Untitled

The first socks of the year are off the needles :)
First out is a pair of Circle Socks. I had some really bright ornage sock yarn in my stash and tried to knit a pair with it, but they just got to orange. So I looked for a stranded pattern and landed on this one. I'm really pleased with how they became. But I have made a mistake. Can you see what it is?

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Circle Socks (free pattern)
Yarn: Sisu Solids 64 g orange #330 and black #1099
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Me
Size: European 40
Modifications: I knitted them cuff down instead off toe up



Untitled

Do you see my mistake now?
If I can, I knit my socks to at the time on dpns.  I knit both legs before I knit the heels and so on. And I didn't notice my mistake until I had almost finished the first foot... I had changed the dominant colour... I didn't bother to rip back, but made the same "mistake" on the second sock.
Would you have seen it if I hadn't pointed it out..?
 Here is a great blog post about it.

Untitled

I've also made some thick wool socks for Eirin and me :) Perfect projects for tv knitting!
In Norway we call this type of socks for "læsta" and they are usually worn as a second pair of socks. I use them all winter as a second layer on top of a thinner pair of wool socks ;)

Pattern: 2x2 rib socks, toe up
Yarn:  Sportsragg and  Raggen by Viking Garn and Mor Aase Raggegarn and Tresko (3ply) by Sandnes Garn
Needles: 3 mm / US 2,5, 3,5 mm / US 4 and 4 mm / US 6

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful socks, Hege! I have to admit I would never have noticed you switched dominant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice the chance in dominance and couldn't see it after knowing that's what the mistake was. They look wonderfully cosy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those "mistakes" that only the knitter can notice :) Your socks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥