Friday, May 22, 2015

A Morning Walk In The Forest

Untitled

I decided to go for an early morning walk in the forest today and soak in some fresh spring air. And it felt so good! And this is spring in Norway in late May. Still snow, ice on the lake and not much green... But both the snow and the ice are melting and buds and leaves are bursting out. And as always, we seem to go from winter to summer in just a few days, skipping spring altogether... So I guess this year is no exception. I also found a lot of fresh moose poop. Two young mooses were walking down by the lake yesterday, so I guess they have been looking for food.
I have to ask those of you from who lives in other countries with moose - are you afraid of them?
We like to watch natre programes or series like Alaska the Last Frontier on tv, and it seem like they are so afraid of meeting a moose when they are out in the forest. And it seems like they kill a lot of people too. I have never heard of anyone being killed by a moose here in Norway. And we were never taught to be afraid of the moose when we were kids either. I think the moose is more afraid of us..

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

9 comments:

  1. I think there are some places where the moose are very tame and live in suburban areas. They get very territorial of their patch in these instances. I live in the UK but watch a lot of documentaries, which is why I think this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! I can almost feel the fresh air and smell of spring in your part of the world! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see great photos, really beautiful nature..thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's interesting about moose. I guess they kill by charging? Your last photo makes me think of baby bok choy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it can hit you with the legs.. But what I find interesting is the impression of fear of the moose seem to be so different here in Norway and i.e Cannda and US. Of course we respect it here too, but when I watch a program on tv I just think they overreact.. Or maybe I just haven't met a really angry moose yet ;) If we encounter a moose or two, they run off and are more afraid of us than we are of them.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it can hit you with the legs.. But what I find interesting is the impression of fear of the moose seem to be so different here in Norway and i.e Cannda and US. Of course we respect it here too, but when I watch a program on tv I just think they overreact.. Or maybe I just haven't met a really angry moose yet ;) If we encounter a moose or two, they run off and are more afraid of us than we are of them.

      Delete
  5. What a nice nature walk, and such beautiful pictures! Moose are especially dangerous during mating season. The other problem with them here in Canada is people hitting them with their vehicles. The moose are so big they can kill the driver if they hit them head on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the moose in Canada and US might be a bit bigger then the ones we have here.
      And yes, some are getting killed on the roads herre too :(

      Delete
  6. I so love this time of the year - everything is beginning again. Great pictures! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥