Tuesday, June 23, 2015

FO :: Mirkwood

Mirkwood Socks

I bought some Opal in The Little Prince series a while ago and wanted to knit a pair of socks in stockinette to keep the colours and stripes. But I also wanted it to be a little more challenging than just a plain vanilla socks. I have had Mirkwood in my queue for a while and decided it would be a great pattern for this yarn. I really wanted the socks to match, but as you can see one of them has a litte pink toe... Not sure what's happened, but I think it's my gauge. I have used a month knitting this pair and that's a long time for a pair of socks for me and I guess the second sock was knitted a little looser.. But I am ok with it. I love the colours so a little difference like this doesn't matter.

Mirkwood Socks

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Mirkwood (free pattern)
Yarn: 68 g Opal The Little Prince  #Und Der Geograph
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Me
Size: Medium, 64 sts



Mirkwood Socks

It's the first time (I think..) that I have knitted a eye of partridge heel and I quite like it. But next time I'll knit it without the 3 sts in seed stitch at the edge. I think it will look prettier to pick up the stitches along the edge as I would do with a slip stitch heel.

Mirkwood Socks

2 comments:

  1. They look really good, I like the yarn you've used and it works well with the EOP heel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colorway! It's like vintage denim and a plaid shirt.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥