Thursday, June 1, 2017

Close To You Shawl

IMG_20170601_190358_438

I might have mentioned it before, but I have a box of skeins that can not be used for socks as there isn't any nylon or polyamid  in them. And at the beginning of each month my youngest pick one skein that he likes. In May he picked an old skein from Spunkey Eclectic. It's a 100 % merino yarn and the colourway is Kentucky Derby. I knew it had to become a shawl and I have had the Close to you shawl in my queue since it came out, so it seems like the perfect match.

20170601_184015

It's the perfect size for this type of scarf shawl. And I think it's a little bit more elegant than i.e the Hitchhiker because of the lace part.

20170601_184035

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Close to you (free pattern) by Justyna Lorkowska
Yarn: 110 g Skinny Sock #Kentucky Derby
Needles: 3,5 mm / US 4


Untitled

A very unstyled photo of how I wear it ;) The colours are not right here, they are more like the photo above.

2 comments:

  1. that lacy edge is delightful! it's what makes the shawl :) I only knit socks with wool/nylon blend because of how brittle wool is on feet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful with some of my favorite colors in it...Michelle

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥