Endre's rainbow socks has been done a while. But right now it's to hot to wear woolsocks here in the north :)
We have had 30 C two days in a row - and that's not normal here ;) Too hot for my liking...
I planned to knit them up with matching stripes, but the yarn didn't want to do that and Endre didn't care, so they ended up like this.
Ravelry project page
Pattern: Socks in Delight (free pattern)
Yarn: 56 g Nordlys #949
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Endre
Size: eur 33/34
Started: June 20, 2014
Completed: June 26, 2014
I just knew I had to make a pair of stripy socks with the leftovers from Endre's socks.
So I found some grey yarn in my stash and split the Nordlys yarn in two.
I knittd them toe-up so I could use up all the yarn :)
Ravelry project page
Pattern: Just a toe-up vanilla sock, with a short row heel.
Yarn: 46 g Nordlys #949 and 69 g Silja #305
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Me
Size: 64 sts, increasing two times up the leg to 72 sts
Started: June 30, 2014
Completed: July 3, 2014




Two lovely pairs of socks. I have to give a toe-up sock a try I get so annoyed with leftover yarn.
ReplyDeleteTwo gorgeous pairs of socks. I think the pair striped with grey are my favourites, the colours work really well
ReplyDeleteHeartwarming rainbow socks! The second pair especially are fave.
ReplyDeleteWow--86 degrees? I didn't think it ever got that warm in Norway! Way too hot for socks at all.
ReplyDeleteso much love for both of these... beautiful!
ReplyDelete