I had these skeins of Eventyr yarn in grey and purple/orange that I didn't know what to knit. I have tried to knit a pair of socks with just the purple/orange, but as the stripes doesn't match at all, they didn't look good. So I finally just decided to cast on a pair of stripy socks together with the grey (who also didn't have matchy stripes..). And despite one of the socks having more of the orange I quite like them.
Ravelry project page
Pattern: 64 sts, 2x2 rib, 1 row of 1 purple 1 grey, then 3 rows of grey, 1 row of 1 grey, 1 purple, 3 rows of purple and so on. I made a german short row heel.
Yarn: 77 g Eventyr in #901 and #903
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1.5
With the leftovers I have casted on a pair of Ludwig socks. They are fun to knit and the patterning is made by mosaic knitting, or slipped stitches, which makes a cool effect.