Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Not so matching stripes

Untitled

I had these skeins of Eventyr yarn in grey and purple/orange that I didn't know what to knit. I have tried to knit a pair of socks with just the purple/orange, but as the stripes doesn't match at all, they didn't look good. So I finally just decided to cast on a pair of stripy socks together with the grey (who also didn't have matchy stripes..). And despite one of the socks having more of the orange I quite like them.
Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: 64 sts, 2x2 rib, 1 row of 1 purple 1 grey, then 3 rows of grey, 1 row of 1 grey, 1 purple, 3 rows of purple and so on. I made a german short row heel.
Yarn: 77 g Eventyr in #901 and #903
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1.5

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

With the leftovers I have casted on a pair of Ludwig socks. They are fun to knit and the patterning is made by mosaic knitting, or slipped stitches, which makes a cool effect. 

3 comments:

  1. Though the stripes do not match literally, the overall effect is of harmony in the distribution of the lighter and darker colors in the two socks, and IMHO they look even better like that. I love balanced asymmetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for letting socks be themselves! Even identical twins have their own styles and personalities. My daughters wear mismatched socks every day. It makes me crack up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love both pairs...those ludwig, though, i find particularly intriguing! guess what I have to knit now....you enabler, you!!!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥