Wednesday, April 13, 2016

On The Needles :: Setesdals Kofte

Untitled

I din't plan to take such a long break from the blog. But you know, life happens and the time just flies.
So I'll try to get back to posting here and let you know what I am knitting and other small bits of my life. We went on a little trip to the sea this past weekend and you can have a look at the photos here :)

What are you knitting and reading this week?
I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along and Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm and Craft On.

Knitting: I have had this jacket for Endre on the needles since January, so now I have decided to try to finish it this month. I just started on the first sleeve and need to knit both before I'll join them to the body and start the raglan decreases.

Reading: Sometimes I pick up a book at the library just by its cover. The Architect's Apprentice was one of those books. And luckily it is a good one!

In 1540, twelve-year-old Jahan arrives in Istanbul. As an animal tamer in the sultan's menagerie, he looks after the exceptionally smart elephant Chota and befriends (and falls for) the sultan's beautiful daughter, Princess Mihrimah. A palace education leads Jahan to Mimar Sinan, the empire's chief architect, who takes Jahan under his wing as they construct (with Chota's help) some of the most magnificent buildings in history. Yet even as they build Sinan's triumphant masterpieces - the incredible Suleymaniye and Selimiye mosques - dangerous undercurrents begin to emerge, with jealousy erupting among Sinan's four apprentices. 
Untitled

3 comments:

  1. You always do such beautiful colorwork! and breaks are okay, life is more than sitting in front of a computer all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrast of the colors with the white. And this book sounds really good. My library has a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your colour work! I just love it so much. This year I am going to practice on a few small items ūüėä. Hopefully I'll be able to knit colour work as beautifully as you do one day.

    A break every now and then I a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥