Wednesday, September 7, 2016

On The Needles :: Winter Is Coming Socks

IMG_20160907_140045

What are you knitting and reading this week?
I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for Yarn Along and Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm and Craft On.

Knitting: I seem to be drawn to socks with a mix of colorwork and other texture at the moment ;) This is the Winter is Coming socks. It's the same designer who made the Matrim's Fox socks, so they have the same cable down the leg and foot.

Reading: I am almost done with Belgravia and I love it. Just hoping for a happy ending :)

Julian Fellowes's Belgravia is the story of a secret. A secret that unravels behind the porticoed doors of London's grandest postcode.

Set in the 1840s when the upper echelons of society began to rub shoulders with the emerging industrial nouveau riche, Belgravia is peopled by a rich cast of characters. But the story begins on the eve of the Battle of Waterloo in 1815.

At the Duchess of Richmond's new legendary ball, one family's life will change forever.

2 comments:

  1. Those socks are gorgeous -- I love the colors you chose! I'm hoping to get to "Belgravia" sometime this year. I miss "Downton Abbey" so I'm looking forward to some more historical fiction from Julian Fellowes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are amazing. I also think you chose great colors!
    I'm glad to hear Belgravia is good. I was hoping for more Fellowes historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥