Wednesday, May 8, 2013

On the needles :: Two little jackets for a new knitbook

Untitled

It's been quiet here for days with no fo's or much else.
Most of my time is spent knitting on the two jackets for Tove Fevang's new knitting book Småbarnstrikk 0-4 år, that's coming in the fall. Here's a photo of her making what I think is step by step photos of how to steek. The jacket she is holding looks pretty.
It'a a fun knit, but I'm starting to get a bit bored as I'm knitting the same pattern on both.
I have half a sleeve left to knit before I will take them to my mom so she can do the steeking. I think I could manage to do it, but I don't dare as they are for a book and not myself...
Yarn for a third jacket is on it's way in the mail, so there will be quiet here for a couple of more weeks...

What's on your needles?

11 comments:

  1. Oj, så spennende! Klassisk barnestrikk er jo bare så fin - gleder meg til den nye boka kommer.

    Jeg holder på med en hel haug med ting, men akkurat nå er førstepri å få ferdig 17.mai-seleshortsen til minstegutten:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steeking sounds terrifying. I don't think I could do it. I'm glad the sweater is almost done. I bet it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I agree with Tawnee, all that hard work and then to cut along it - not something I would try either.
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those jackets look incredible! The coloration on both is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Så spennende å strikke til en bok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so fast! A shawl and beanie on my needles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to learn how to steek better, it is such a fun knitting skill to have. Hopefully there will be an English version of the book (although it does look like the photos alone are going to be very helpful). It is always fun seeing you work with other artists!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so exciting, your knits need to be in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I steeked a sweater once ... it was nerve-wracking. I had to drink brandy before doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steeking...Aaacckkk! Just the thought scares me to death. I admire your knitting skills so much, and am envious that you have a knitting mother to turn to for help.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gleder meg til å se jakkene ferdig! Can´t wait to se the jackets!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥