Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fall is here

Untitled

It's been a month since I posted last. And it's been a month with some wonderful fall weather, the first frost and drizzle of snow on the mountains, but it's also been a month with me having one of my periodes of dark moods... I seem to get a little sad and low on energy when winter and dark days comes, but this year it hit me early and hard... Hopefully it will not get any worse and I have decided I need to fill my days with thing that makes me happy :) Blogging used to do that, so I'll have to try to find back the joy of doing this.

But enough about me and my troubles. How are you, have you been knitting beautiful things the month I have been gone? I have been knitting, although not as much as I usually do.. There have actually been several days in a row without knitting *shock*, but those days has been spent with a book in my lap instead. I'm reading the Outlander series and are currently on book four, Drums of Autumn - Love this series and cant wait for the second season of the tv series to come out!!

Some of the things that have been on my needles are these socks. I've knitted a few other socks, but they are not as pretty as these ones ;) You'll find them on my Ravelry page.

IMG_20150910_132455

Pattern: Plain vanilla, cuff down with a short row heel.
Yarn: 68 g Thoug Sock #Emerald City
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1.5
Size: 64 sts

IMG_20151007_134500

In the beginning of this week I dugged out this jacket I started back in March.
It's a Saga Eskimo kofte for Eirin and I just have the second sleeve to knit before the scary steeking can begin... I'm hoping to finish it during the weekend and hopefully she will use it. She's known to not like wool garments very much as she thinks everything itches. But I'm knitting this in Duo which is a merino/cotton blend so it should not itch a bit.

Untitled

And I'm not sure if I dare say it, but I'm starting to feel a bit fed up of mindless sock knitting!! But I still enjoy having something mindless on the needles so I casted on a Reyna shawl. Love the colours and it's so fun to knit :)

Aurora

And lastly a blurry mobil photo of the wonderful Aurora we had last night.
It's been years since I last saw so much and so bright northern lights. I need a better camera and to learn the skills to take some better photos of it!

You can see some beautiful photos from last nights Aurora here - enjoy :)

8 comments:

  1. This picture of the Aurora Borealis is so cool! The first photo was a lovely view. Your Reyna shawl would definitely pick up one's mood. I love your new pair of socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time at the moment. Those dark moods can really knock you, can't they? I hope you find something that will help you through the bad days. Knitting and reading certainly can't hurt! Sometimes something new is helpful, so maybe new knitting techniques (steering?) could help. I am trying to make myself some jewellery - only simple things - which hopefully will help when the tedium of my days gets to me. Maybe take a course online about photography! Sorry for offering (too much?) advice. Just wanted you to let you know I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful knits. Can't wait to see how the sweater turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Outlander too! I haven't read the books though, so I look forward to your opinion on them! Sorry to hear about your feeling low; hopefully it will pass. As will the darkness eventually : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very jealous of you being able to see the Northern Lights, I'm too far south to have ever seen them but I hope to one day. I like the colourway for your socks and the sweater is looking wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am the only woman in the world who didn't like Outlander. When he whipped her with the belt, I tossed it aside in disgust -- I would kill a man in his sleep if he did that to me! And I was furious that she justified it to herself. I didn't find it the least romantic. Anyway, I hope your mood lifts. I learned about hygge last winter, and I wish I had heard of it sooner. Winter is just so ugly in the city :(. Well, enough sad talk! I love the jacket you are knitting, and I'm glad you're doing another steeking project. It's good to do what scares you, sometimes! Please keep posting -- I love your photos so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hege, I love it all, especially the socks, the Eskimo jacket, and your next post with the beautiful seldom blossoming plant. If it isn't too late, I'd like to see the full plant, and a little history.
    What a wonder thing to look forward to in the winter, aurora borealis.. I was in Snåsa two years ago in January, and hoped, but didn't see any activity. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥