Wednesday, October 14, 2015

On the Needles :: Zigzagular Socks

IMG_20151014_145917

What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny and Nicole

Knitting: So I couldn't stay away from sock knitting very long ;) To make them a bit more interesting and not just the standard vanilla sock, I casted on a pair of Zigzagular Socks. The yarn is Regia Fluormania. The Saga Eskimo kofte is off the needles - so I just have to be brave and steek it!!

Reading: Still enjoying Drums of Autumn :)

It began at an ancient Scottish stone circle. There, a doorway, open to a select few, leads into the past--or the grave. Dr. Claire Randall survived the extraordinary passage, not once but twice. Her first trip swept her into the arms of Jamie Fraser, an eighteenth-century Scot whose love for her became a legend--a tale of tragic passion that ended with her return to the present to bear his child. Her second journey, two decades later, brought them together again in the American colonies. But Claire had left someone behind in the twentieth century. Their daughter, Brianna...
Now Brianna has made a disturbing discovery that sends her to the circle of stones and terrifying leap into the unknown. In search of her mother and father she has never met, she is risking her own future to try to change history...and to save their lives. But as Brianna plunges into an uncharted wilderness, a heartbreaking encounter may strand her forever in the past...or root her in the place she should be, where her heart and soul belong...


IMG_20151014_105853

And my Clivia is blooming :) It's been many years since last time.

9 comments:

  1. Those are going to be some fun and funky socks! Enjoy your read... I'm currently watching "Outlander" on DVD and it's fantastic! Have you seen it? One of these days I'll finish reading the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't get a better team up than Outlander and knitting. Have you seen any of the series on Starz? The knits are so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I am also knitting the zigzagular socks at the moment and am really enjoying them :)
    Enjoy.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty flower. I've never seen it before. And I like that bluish-green for the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana Gabaldon's books are sooo good! :) I've read all of them. And I like Regia Fluormania yarns, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty flower, not heard of that plant before. I love that sock pattern, it's been on my list to knit for a while, looking forward to seeing how yours turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when a plant blooms!

    I too have been off socks for a time. The zigzagular socks look lovely -- mindless knitting with a short twist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that pattern - looking forward to seeing yours. Do the steek - it's not as scary as you think it will be!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥