Thursday, February 4, 2016

FO :: Socks

Untitled

I wanted to knit a pair of colourwork socks and I wanted to use a pattern from one of my newest knit books - Strømper. I ended up with the pattern Stjerne over Island. Now the name of the pattern might not make sence to you non norwegian even if I translate it to english which would be Star over Iceland.  I'll try to ecplain. The pattern on the foot (not the stars) is from a well known sweater pattern here in Norway - Islender or the icelander. And when the designer put stars together with the pattern, well, she called it stars over Iceland ;)
It was a fast and easy knit and I'm sure I'll knit another pair.

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Stjerne over Island
Yarn: 98 g Silja and Sisu
Needles: 2,75 mm / US 2
Made for: Me
Size: eu 40



Untitled


Untitled

5 comments:

  1. Love the socks. But are your feet not cold standing in the snow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They were a bit cold, but I hurried in and put on a warm pair ;)

      Delete
  2. Brrrr! My feet are freezing only looking at the pictures! :)) Beautiful socks!!
    Even if I am (much) more a quilter than a knitter, I like following your blog and admiring your beautiful knittings!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I wish I was better friends with my sewing machine so I could learn to quilt.

      Delete
    2. Oh, some do all by hand and not by machine! :)
      I do both.

      Delete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥