Spring came 2-3 weeks earlier than usual here in the north. The snow has melted fast with the help from the sun and the wind. So the last couple of weekends hubby and I have been fixing the greenhouse; we've painted it, made a floor and benches. And about a week ago I moved almost all my plants out of the living room and into the greenhouse. It's still cold during the nights and we might get a few frost nights, so we have to have an electric oven on. But so far both my tomato and cucumber plants seems to thrive :)
With all the snow gone so early, we could fix the soil in the vegetable garden by adding some cow compost and adding a few more raised beds. They are made from pallet collars.
I'm so lucky that hubby likes to drag home all sorts of things and that he likes to build.
So the other day he made a deck in front of the greenhouse and a bridge over the creek :)
All made from recycled materials! Endre is digging after earthworms to put in the vegetable garden.
We met a little frog in the forest :)
Still lots of snow in the mountains, but the bird cherry is full of sprouting leaves.
Can't wait for it to bloom :)
And my red currant bushes have survived the winter. Hopefully they will carry lots of berries.
Valmue :: Poppy
I have no idea what this tiny flower is. Tiny, tiny as the size of a fingernail.
I'm not sure what the next two flowers down below are either. Need to wait until they bloom ;)
Smågullkorg :: Leopard's Bane Ballblom :: Globeflower
Storhjelm :: Monkshood




















what a great looking greenhouse....and how lucky you are to have someone so crafty--and thrifty!! Love the look! Just put a couple rhubarb plants in yesterday. I love rhubarb so much, but I can't seem to get my plants to winter over. I think our climate is too hot for it...which really doesn't explain why it doesn't survive the winter. ???? I keep trying!
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm very lucky to have such a handy hubby :)
DeleteI didn't really think it would be a problem growing things I find difficult to grow here in the north, in warmer climates! I always have to check the hardness grade on each plant or bush I buy to be sure it will survive the winter. I have to choose the ones with the highest grade, as we have such a hard winter here... And that means I don't have a large variation to choose from. I SO badly would have had a cherry tree in my garden, but it's to cold here during winter :(
Maybe you need to grow your rhubarb in large pots and store them in a cool place during the winter months?
The green-house is lovely as is the deck and the bridge!
ReplyDelete(winter was lingering very long here, too... :((
Wishing you plenty of sun!
Best wishes!
It looks like the tiny yellow flower/plant might be Chrysosplenium https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysosplenium
ReplyDeleteI think the one below that might well be Columbines.
Thank you for the link.
DeleteOf course it's Columbines or Akeleier as we calle them in norwegian. I just could not think of the name as I was blogging ;) I love Columbines, but not all of them can survive here, so I try to find as many as I can.
Your greenhouse is freakin' awesome. Can you come organize my backyard into a growing garden?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteSure, I'll be right there ;)
What an awesome greenhouse and garden! I hope to someday have land enough to do something like this :D
ReplyDelete