We spent the last hours of 2017 out in the forest at our tiny cabin in -15 C under the stars and the northern light, keeping warm by the fire while watching the fireworks.
When it comes to crafting I managed to knit (and a bit of crocheting) 66 projects. You can find all my projects from last year on Ravelry under the 2017 set on my page.
As always it was mainly socks ;) And I knitted up 34 pairs. Next was 13 pairs of mittens, 4 sweaters, 3 shawls, 3 blankets, 2 kofter (cardigans), 2 cowls, 2 hats, 1 pokemon dragon, some hearts with selbu pattern and new sleeve cuffs on my Heart Yoke cardigan that I made back in 2010.
My favorite knits and the ones I have used the most are these :)
Dream Stripes Shawl and Setesdalkofte
Haukeli and Bøvertun sweater
Night Owl and Julehjerte mittens
Northpole mittens and Cosy Morning mitts
Ludwig and Stripy socks
As you know we like to be outdoors so here are a few photos from last year. You can also head over to my Outdoor blog and see more.
My goal was to read 60 books this year. I managed to read 73 :)
You can see my 2017 Year in Books here.
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
- Harpiks by Ane Riel
- The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) by Diana Gabaldon
Countries visited for my Around the World in Books
- Rwanda in Baking cakes in Kigali
- Palestine in The Blue Between Sky and Water
- Pakistan in In Other Rooms, Other Wonders
- Somalia in The Orchard of Lost Souls
- Netherlands in The Miniaturist
- Afganistan in A Thousand Splendid Suns