Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Easter!


We haven't got our new hard disk for the laptop yet, so I'm trying to blog from our old and very slow stationary computer... Just a quick post to wish you all a Happy Easter! In Norway easter is all about skiing in the mountains. Getting away from the city, enjoying the snow and the weather and not to mention getting a tan to show off when back at work are popular things to do during the vacation ;) I just get freckles... Here in Norway, Easter break is longer than in many other European countries. The Easter holidays start Wednesday afternoon before Maundy Thursday, and end on Tuesday morning after Easter Monday. This makes for a nice long Easter weekend!
We've had some great weather this week until today... It's raining, and I really hope it will stop. Because I'm so looking forward to some days at our lean-to, skiing and sledding.

A quite peculiar national trait in Norway is solving crimes during Easter. Publishers churn out series of books known as "Easter-Thrillers" or Påskekrimmen. Even the milk cartons change to have murder stories on their sides! And from Saturday to Monday I'm going to watch Hercule Poirot each night :)

Since I haven't spent time on the net, I really have had time to knit :) I have knitted up a pair of jaywalkers, these socks are soon done and I hope to have these mittens off the needles within the wekend.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! That's a fun way to spend Easter! Do your kids get to look for colored eggs at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monika: No we don't go easter egg hunting here... But the kids gets a big egg filled with candy on Saturday :) We do paint eggs and hang them on some twigs for decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you!
    And thanks for the info on Easter in Norway...So interesting, especially the part about solving mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. En riktig god påske til deg også!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter to you too! I hope you have a great weekend. It's raining here too :(. Always does about now ;). Oh well. Another cold Easter Egg Hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny that Easter is associated with solving mysteries - does that relate to the origins of Easter - "Where's the body gone?!!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter! Thanks for sharing Norway's Easter traditions. I especially like the part about getting Monday off from school. We have to go back on Monday, but we did have all of last week off, so I shouldn't complain:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter!

    I really like reading how you usually spend your easter break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday! We got 10 cm of snow on Friday but it's pretty much all gone now, so not much skiing anymore here in Eastern Finland. But I've had a lot of time to knit. :)
    I loved your Elephant sweater and now I'm tempted to knit the Diagonal Rib Socks, too.
    You have a lovely blog which tastes like life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vel overstått får jeg si. Håper du hadde en knall ferie!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥