Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

I can't believe it's just three days till Christmas!! And I'm not done with the gift knitting yet... I have to blame that on being down with the flue since monday :( Erirn and Endre has been a little sick too, but we're hoping the rest of the family won't catch it, at least not before Christmas...

Yarn Along :: WIP Wednesday

Reading: Last night I finished The Iron King and loved it. I have book two waiting in the shelf so I know what my Christmas read will be :) But first I'm going to finish a norwegian book Dødsreisen (Death Journey). It's about a young girl who gets her life turned upside down as she sees the death horse. It shows up only when someone will die. But who is to die? The mother or father, who is always so nervous when Christmas Eve is approaching? His brother Trym, to be on mission for Christmas Eve? What Tora learns at trollelf Helka will prove to be worse than she could imagine. It's a book for teens and it from the viking age with lots of norse mytlogy.
The other book is also a norwegian book. I'm reading it for Endre. It's about monsters as you can see :)

Knitting: This is the only gift I'm knitting for Christmas this year... A pair of socks. I have half a sock left so I know they will be finished in time.


I woke up to this breakfast table today. Eirin is such a sweet girl!

And I just have to share the breakfast table I came down to this morning made by Eirin :)
The kids had their last day at school yesterday, so no need to get up early today. And it was good to sleep a little longer when your head feels like it's stuffed with cotton and your throat is sore

16 comments:

  1. Love the colour yarn used for your gorgeous Christmas gift socks Hege, someone is to have a nice surprise waiting under the tree on Christmas morning.

    The book sounds a good read, the horse of death..........a little dark and mysterious, just my knid of story.
    lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sock colors - the yarn looks soft!

    Your breakfast table was too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everyone feels better; it's rotten to be sick over the holidays! Shouldn't take long to finish that last sock and then you can sit back and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family from Canada! I hope you are all feeling well for the celebration. The sock colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of your socks! I hope you get feeling better quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon! What a sweetheart Eirin is! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't you just love sock yarn. they are going to be beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better real soon.
    Love the sock colour glad it's nearly finished for your gift giving. Will be a special treat for the new owner.

    Love Leanne NZ

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I LOVE the colour of your socks and your breakfast setting is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the yarn you are using for the socks - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you're sick---I hope you're feeling better ASAP, especially with Christmas so close! (What a lovely breakfast table to wake up to, though, especially with two kinds of tea---yum---and those sweet ornaments.) And those socks are going to be stunning, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a good daughter Eirin is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors in the yarn for the sock are beautiful. And the book Death Journey sounds very interesting. I love reading about mythologies. We have been going through a bout of sinus infections and allergies ourselves; here's hoping that y'all get better soon. Especially, with Christmas so close.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOh- your book does sound interesting :) How lucky you are to speak both languages :)
    And those socks look so warm and comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i hope you are feeling better now, in our family someone was always with a cold or flu during christmas! very pretty socks and such a cute table!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness, I think the whole world must be sick with the same plague! My friends, family and I all have symptoms exactly like what you described. Meanwhile, I love the yarn you were working with here. Very vibrant, and the brighter stripes really set it off beautifully.
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥