Friday, July 6, 2012

A brief taste of summer

DSCN6801

Two days filled with sun and above 20 C :)
We've been out for hours soaking up the sun, getting freckles, lots of popsicles, knitting, watching the vegetables grow in the garden, feeding the ducks in the park, more popsicles, playing in the park, sun smelling laundry and cinnamon rolls.

DSCN6810


DSCN6807


DSCN6805

I've finished the 3rd clue of Wendy's Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl.
Today with the sun gone and the rain back, I've picked up my TTL Mystery Shawl. I've only knitted 2 of the clues, so I have a bit left...

DSCN6797

Did you see my couch made of pallets in the first photo?
The kids love it! There is so much cool stuff you can make out of old pallets and cable drums.
The table in the first photo with my knitting on, is an old cable drum :) It feels great to re-use things and I'd love to have a kitchen table like this one.

7 comments:

  1. Those benches look amazing and so comfy. Glad you and your family are enjoying the sun XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. The couches are awesome and that whole outside area is great! Mystery shawl is coming along nicely.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your patio, the benches are wonderful and really tie the space together. I'm so glad to hear that it has been warm enough outside to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scenery, I like the pallet couch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden furniture looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so cozy and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a beautiful shawl!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥