Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fall is definitely here

Untitled

The hihgest mountains had a dusting of snow this morning. The air is getting crisp and my favourite season is finally here! We have pulled out warmer clothes and I have gone through the children's knitwear from last year. Amazing how much mittens can felt during the winter. And with the crisp air and darker days I look forward to knit new mittens, socks, sweaters, scarves and hats in the months ahead.

Untitled

The sun came out in the afternoon, so we spent some time in the vegetable garden. Looks like we only will have mini leeks this year ;) I'm letting them stay a while longer. Maybe they will grow a bit more.

Untitled

Our raspberry bushes is filled with berries, but if we don't get any sun and a bit warmth soon, they will not get ripe :(

Untitled

But we picked 1.5 liters of sugar peas :) The kids have managed to leave them alone in the past week, so there is quite a lot.

Untitled

I planted garlic earlier this week, so hopefully the will survive winter and start to grow when spring arrives.

9 comments:

  1. Snow! Already? Even though our weather has been unseasonably warm and dry for the past 2 months, I know Fall is arriving here by the fact that it was pitch dark by 8:00 PM last night. Your garden has been so successful this summer and I sure hope you get some yummy rasberries. Ours ripen here in July.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too. It is my favorite season. I love the colors and how tea, sweaters and knitting seem to be a necessary way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favourite season too! I hope your raspberries get the sunshine they need so you can eat some of them. Planting garlic in the fall is one of my favourite parts of gardening. All that hope for the spring tucked away in the soil. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fall..absolute favorite time of year...it was still hot and humid this past week, but it's cool today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah how I love sugar peas, aren't they like candy? Such a beautiful garden you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall is my favorite season. The sugar peas look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a lovely garden you have! I envy it as I use lots of garlic here and those peas look beautifully delicious. I hope your berries and leeks foster more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful garden! And that picture of the snow with the green grass below it is wonderful. I too am looking forward to Autumn and the knitting that accompanies the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous picture at the top. Fall is creeping in slowly here, but I think it's going to be a long transition.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥