Wednesday, September 19, 2012

On the needles and between the pages

Untitled

Reading: You know me, I can't just read one book at the time... So right now I have three. The Name of the Wind is my fantasty book. I like it a lot, but I want it to last so I only read in it now and then.
The Masquerade is my historicla romance book - have to have one of those too ;) I am about halfway through it and I like it so far. And The Story of Edgar Sawtelle did I pick out of the bookshelf earlier today. I have high hopes for this book so I hope I won't be disappointed...

Untitled

Knitting: I haven't had a pair of socks on the needles the last weeks, so it was time to cast on a pair today :) The pattern is Swirl Socks. These might be a christmas present, but I really like the colours so they might stay with me ;)

Untitled

Eirin wanted me to knit her a shawl. So we went stash diving to try to find something not itchy as she can't wear anything itchy around her neck... So we ended up with some Tinty Tots from Sirdar. And the pattern is Larch. My Multnomah is off the needles and ready for blocking later today :)

Untitled

And finally the stripy sweater. It is growing and I have just a little bit left on the sleeves before I can start the raglan decrease :)





16 comments:

  1. Those Swirl Socks look so interesting, have added them to my library, my queue is getting too long :-( Love the yarn you are using for them, can't wait to see them done.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks are beautiful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that orange and grey combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yarn choice works really well with the Swirl Sock pattern. And I love the colors for your stripy sweater. Thanks for visiting me today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful WIPs! How did you wait so long to start new socks? I myself cannot resist them. You are really making progress on them too! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of those projects are gorgeous! Where do you buy your yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that stripy sweater is just so neat! Can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color of the socks. It is super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the striping in the sweater, excellent color choices!! I could not get into the Edward book but it could have been me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those swirl socks are great! And I'm going to have to take a look at your historical romance-- sounds like my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What tremendous progress you're making. I love how those swirl socks are knitting up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems you have a stripes theme continuing through your WIPs. :-D The sock colors are GREAT! It would be hard to not keep them. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can never read one book at a time. I love the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of great things! i added the socks and the shawl to my library...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥