Wednesday, November 7, 2012

FO :: Felted mittens

Untitled

I took a dive into my feltable yarn before the weekend as I found out I wanted to knit some felted mittens for the two youngest. So after a swim in the washingmachine yesterday they came out a little big... The biggest pair fits me. I'd love to have them as they are soft and warm, but Eirin needs them more. So I think I'll soak them in water and put them in the dryer too see if they will shrink some more ;)

Untitled

Before felting.
Pattern: Tykt og tovet from the book Strikk tilbehør.
Yarn: Finull, pt2 and other unknown wool. Blue mittens 58 g and pink 75 g.
Needles: 7 mm



Untitled

And I have started my x-mas knitting. This is "raggsokker" which is thick wool socks :) Hopefully I'll manage to knit up some pair this week.

17 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at the difference between pre and post felting projects - the mitts look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kjempefine votter- lekre farger!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those felted mitts are terrific! Bright and bold and definitely a layer against wetness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those felted mittens! And such a great idea. Our wool mittens don't cut it on the cold days and we have to switch to ski gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Så fantastisk fine de ble! Og ingenting er bedre på hendene når det blir kaldt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made felted mittens but these are so beautiful. I have a front loader washing machine so I think I'd have to look up some directions for felting. Thanks for sharing these because I'm very inspired now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felting makes them warmer, is that correct? Because it closes all the tiny holes? I'll have to try it!

    Would you please share what is the raggsokker yarn you are using? I'll check back .. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green is Mor Aase and the pink and purple skeins are Treskogarn.
      Not sure if you can buy them outside Norway...

      Delete
    2. Oh, okay, thanks! That explains why they looked so unique!

      Delete
  8. Lovely! I have some feltable yarn, you have inspired me to get going on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color combos! And they look warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice gifts. I am going to make some felted slippers (have never done any felting before). Your colors are so pretty.

    Visiting from Tami.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mitts look amazing, love the colours.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, those mittens are probably soooo warm! Hope the second felting gets them down to the right size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mittens are adorable! There is such a change from before and after felting, it always feels like magic to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those mittens! Makes me want to try making a pair. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lekre votter!! Takk for hyggelig kommentar på bloggen min :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥