Tuesday, November 27, 2012

FO :: Simple Cowl

Untitled

A lot of knitters are knitting this cowl here in Norway. I am not sure who or where the pattern comes from, but I found the pattern on Strikkesida (a knitting group on facebook).
It's a very simple pattern and knits up really fast. This is a gift, but I think I have to knit me one and maybe one to Eirin too :)

Untitled

Pattern: CO 250 st join for knitting in the round
Row 1 and 2: k1, p1
Row 3 knit
Row 4 purl
Repeat until the size you want and bind off :)
Yarn: 150 g Thea from Trysil garn. Yes, I know it's 100% acrylic, but it's great for those who get's itchy around the neck of wool - which includes my daughter, so if I'll knit her one it will be with this yarn too. It's very soft and shiny and ok to knit with. It doesn't squeak on te needles as some acrylic does ;)
Needles: 4 mm

Untitled


7 comments:

  1. Pretty! And who care if it is acrylic if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how simplicity comes out so neat! Mahalo for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'm gonna add it to my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and simple! I too am finicky about what kind of yarn touches my neck. I made a lovely alpaca scarf, and can't bear to wear it on my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so nice-and many thanks for sharing the pattern. This looks like a very necessary item for you living up in the near Arctic as you do-and judging from the photos in your previous post, winter has arrived for you! Brrr... I got a chuckle over your selfish knitter post--as this year I am knitting more for others than I ever have, but don't think I can make a habit of this...already I am dreaming of January when I get to focus on knitting for me! :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finfin hals, og takk for mønster =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SO much for posting this cowl pattern. I have been looking and looking for a quick, cute cowl to knit for Christmas gifts. This is it! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥