Tuesday, August 4, 2015

FO's :: Sockhead Hat & Green Striped Socks

Untitled

Taking a picture of oneself wearing a hat is difficult - just saying... I think these two photos was the best out of ca. 15 photos... Anyway, I have knitted my first sockhead hat. I've seen it around a lot, but never thought it was something I would cast on and knit until I found a skein of yarn in my stash that didn't look good in any of the patterns I tried. I saw that it would stripe, so I decided to give the Sockhead pattern a try. I'm not sure that this will be one of my favorite hats..., but it's snug and warm and I know it will heep my head and ears warm ;) And who knows, maybe I will cast on a second one for one of the kids..

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Sockhead Hat (free pattern)
Yarn: 74 g Safari Sock Yarn #Weathered Cog - The colours are best shown on the photo below.
Needles: 3 mm / US 2,5
Made for: Me



Untitled


Untitled

And althoug there haven't been a lot of knitting so far this summer - a pair of socks for Hubby has left the needles. They are knitted in the same yarn as the Yellow Stripes socks I made earlier this year.

Ravelry project page
Pattern: 68 sts, cuff down
Yarn: 77 g Meilenweit Merino #2227
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1,5
Made for: Hubby

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to steal his socks. I really like that pop of green running with the greys. We really need a tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sockhead hat is my all time favorite hat pattern to knit :) I love your photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great hat, and a pattern I intend to knit for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥