Thursday, November 26, 2015

"Kofte Fever"

Untitled

For the past two years, there has been a fever here in Norway. A Kofte fever.
A kofte is a generic term for various types, open or closed garment to cover the upper body with .
There can be long or short  jackets, coats or sweaters to pull over the head.
It all started when Liv, an interior blogger had some old knitted jackets in her blog pictures. Her readers started to ask her about the jackets and if she knew about the patterns. She didn't, but asked her readers to help. And so the hunt for the patterns started - Koftejakten. It resulted in a facebook group with almost 60 000 members who share old kofte patterns and pictures of their knitted jackets.  Last year Liv and Lene Samsøe gave out Kofteboken with lots of beautiful patterns. My mom knitted the jacket on the front page. It's the Bøvertun with a round yoke :)

Untitled

This spring I was asked if I wanted to knit a jacket for the second Koftebok - and of course I would!                                     So I knitted the Mette jacket. More details can be found here on my ravelry project page.


Untitled
Osterkofte
Untitled
Sørlandskofte
Untitled
Selbukofte
Untitled
Familiekofte
Together with the Frøkengårdskofte on the front page, these are my favourites from the Kofteboken 2.   
Saga Eskimo

And after all the inspiration I got from looking through both the new and the old Koftebok, I realized I had to finish Eirin's Saga Eskimo kofte. All the knitting has been finished for months. So all I had to do was find me sewing machine and steek. It's always a bit scary, but it seems like it gets easier each time ;) So hopefully I'll have the buttonbands knitted in no time and *fingers crossed*, I hope she actually will wear it... She's a tough one when it come to clothes *sigh*

9 comments:

  1. Oh ooooooh! I want to knit them all! My Selbu kofte was returned to me for repairs about five years ago. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Celinas-Mor/selbukofte-2
    I love seeing them in this post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Selbu kofte is beautiful!!
      I know I'll have to knit myself one someday :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful sweater, and what an honour to be asked to knit one for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely as always to read your posts on knitting, and i do love the Norwegian Kofte, so now I have joined the FB Koftegruppen, if they will have me, that is. It would be lovely to knit a Kofte, maybe I should ask for one of these books for Jul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should - the books are filled with beautiful kofter!!

      Delete
  4. So lovely! I'm not sure about color work yet....but I bought some yarn in Norway this summer to make some traditional Norwegian mittens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should just try. It's not as hard as you might think. And colour work is addicting ;)

      Delete
    2. You should just try. It's not as hard as you might think. And colour work is addicting ;)

      Delete
  5. What lovely choices to choose from.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥